East Lincoln Speedway
Stock unless otherwise stated.
6-4-We are pleased to announce that going forward, East Lincoln Speedway will now allow the 602 crate motor to run in our Renegade division! This was voted on unanimously by our current Renegade drivers in an effort to increase the car count
for the class. Also, with the recent closing of Friendship Motor Speedway, we want to give these drivers a place to race!
For now, all East Lincoln Renegade rules will apply to the 602’s. This includes weight, shocks, carburetor, tires, etc. This is a trial basis, and we may need to adjust in the future for competition purposes. Please note that ALL RENEGADES MUST RUN
AMERICAN RACER TIRES!
In the event of a protest, ALL motors will be checked on site at East Lincoln Speedway. We will use the GM guidelines for the specs of the motor.
1. Stock appearing American factory cars or ½ ton truck, two (2) wheel drive only. 102” wheel base minimum. No Jeeps.
2. Rubber nose O.K. for type of car running.
3. Must run complete, enclosed cockpit. Must have steel floor pan under driver. Front firewall location may be moved for engine clearance. Firewall may be replaced aluminum or steel material only. Top & Quarters must be stock looking. Deck height not to exceed 1” higher than stock. Doors & fenders may be aluminum. Cars must remain stock appearing.
4. Spoiler-maximum height 6”. May run side spoilers. 6” high x 12” long. May have one 4’’ spoiler inside car.
5. Weight- 3200 lbs. After race with driver.
6. No exposed bars.
7. Body must sit on frame in OEM position. AR Bodies approved.
8. NO cold air boxes, may cut hole in hood for air cleaner with 4 ½” max. tall scoop or air deflector. Scoop may be no more than 4” wider than air cleaner.
9. Rear tail area height & deck area width must remain within 2” of stock measurement. All nose & tail pieces cannot be altered from stock.
10. May run with OR without roof. If running without roof, must run arm restraints.
CHASSIS AND SUSPENSION
1. Steering- stock type-NO AFTER MARKET.
2. Front spring spacers O.K. Front & rear adjuster cups OK. Rear screw jacks allowed rear Spring buckets can’t be taller than 6” from stock height.
3. Springs can be changed.
4. A-Frames, Upper may be tubular steel or modified O.E.M. Lower control arm must be O.E.M for frame used, must remain unaltered in stock position. Stock type replacement ball joints only.
5. Shocks- (ANY STEEL BODY). Front shocks must remain in stock location. Front shock mounts may be moved up (vertically) to prevent bottoming out with 3” Max. from stock location. Rear shocks can be moved. Heim joints on shocks O.K. No adjustable or aluminum shocks allowed. Heim joints allowed only where stated. Shock buy rule: $125 each for the rear shocks, and $80 each for the front shocks. This includes heims.
6. Engine Location: # 1 spark plug in line or in front of top ball joint. 0 tolerance.
7. Framework may be reinforced.
8. Front and rear wrecker pickups made from chain are MANDATORY.
9. Remote power steering reservoirs are legal.
10.Steering quickeners are legal.
11.NO AFTER MARKET CHASIS ALLOWED.
1. Engine must be same make as car. Engine must be STRICTLY STOCK. NO factory
high performance allowed.
2. Cubic inch- Chevy- 350 C.I.- Ford - 351 C.I.-Chrysler - 360 C.I.
3. Block-stock cast iron OEM, may overbore .060 MAXIMUM- NO TOLERANCE! May deck block to .ooo deck only NO TOLERANCE
4. Crankshaft- Factory stock for engine running or Scat part # 4-350-3480-5700 or 4-350-3480-5700-L or Eagle part # ESP103503480 & ESP103523480 only. NO CUTTING ALLOWED.
5. Rods-factory stock for engine running OK. NO WORK ALLOWED OF ANY KIND. May run any rod bolt. May run Eagle rod part #ESP5700BPLW or Scat part # SCA-25700P. Floating pin OK.
6. Pistons- May use any flat top or dish stock replacement piston, forged or Hypereutectic. Flat top piston must have 4 valve reliefs (factory). Must use standard (wide) ring package 5/64th”, 5/64th”, 3/16th”. Coating on skirts OK.
7. Intake - Factory stock, cast iron, low rise only. Valley pan OK. Option 2 – Edelbrock part #5001 Torker II or Edelbrock part #2101 Performer. Must remain box stock, no alterations. 1” aluminum open carb spacer allowed.
8. Heads- factory stock, cast iron OEM straight plug only, screw in studs allowed, must be 3/8" STD. NO high performance or double hump allowed. NO BLEND WORK ALLOWED. No less than 70 CC. Competition Valve job OK, may not bore below guide boss. Any steel valve spring. Any steel retainer. POLYLOCKS O.K. GUIDE PLATES
O.K. May run roller rockers 1.5 ratio for Chevy, 3/8 stud, no stud girdles allowed. Buy rule of $225. For other engine manufactures stock rocker ratio. Stainless steel valves must be 1.94 intake, 1.5 exhaust.
9. Camshaft- MUST BE Flat Tappet HYDRAULIC LIFTERS ONLY. Any timing chain. May degree camshaft. Open duration .425 maximum lift for Chevrolet; others will be .450 maximum lift.
10.Oil pan- Any wet sump.
11.Exhaust System- Any standard 4 into 1 collector header. Any length pipe, must stay same diameter.. No coatings allowed. No tri-y’s- No “X” or merge type pipes allowed.
12.Balancers- No Fluidamper
13.Exhaust EVAC system OK.
1. Fuel-Track fuel ONLY. Must pass track test.
2. Carburetor- OEM Stock single line 2 barrel or 4 barrel for make. Must use stock or stock replacement gasket. May drill holes in butterflys. No spacer allowed. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE. Or may run box stock Holley 650 #4777. No 4 corner idle screws. May run 1” adapter for Holley carb. to stock manifold with no more than (2) .070” thick gaskets. May remove choke flap. May drill holes in butterflys. Must pass track gauges. May run maximum 2” air cleaner riser.
3. Fuel pump- Carter fuel pump or stock fuel pump allowed. A.N. fittings allowed.
4. Fuel cell MANDATORY (mounted in metal can)
1. Stock appearing distributor with stock appearing module. May lock advance change springs.
2. May run brass distributor gear.
1. Clutch- factory stock OEM style clutch, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE.
2. Pressure plate- factory stock OEM style, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE. Pressure plate must weigh a minimum of 13 lbs (this is to be weighted alone) If it is determined that the plate has been modified or altered it will be illegal.
3. Release bearing- Hydraulic bearings OK. May run hydraulic slave cylinder.
4. Flywheel- factory stock. May resurface, NO lightening. 14 lbs. min. weight. Z-28 O.K.
5. Scatter shield or 3/16” plate around flywheel area- MANDATORY.
6. Transmission- factory automatic or straight drive. Must have all working gears.
7. Drive shaft- Factory steel only. 1 ½” minimum diameter. 8. 9" Ford rear-end is legal. Any ratio O.K., May be locked. Floater allowed. 4.5” maximum – 3.5” minimum from the center of the axle tube to the center of the trailing arm bolt. (Any additional holes must be removed)
1. Stock type 4 wheel disk O.K., NO AFTER MARKET, NO ALUMINUM. Must have operational 4 wheel braking system.
2. Racing pedals O.K., Brake adjusters inside of car O.K.
3. Right front shut off valve OK.
TIRES & WHEELS
1. Tires. American Racer 26.5/27.5/8.0/15 medium compounds or harder. No soaking or chemicals added to tire.
2. Wheels and tires maximum 8". Beadlocks OK- Outward facing only.
3. Large wheel studs and lugs nuts OK Protest (only 3 items) $300.00 with track retaining $100 for tech man fees.
Bottom end protest: $600.00 Consist of weighing the crank, checking and weighing rods, pistons, and lift on
Complete engine protest will be $900. This checks all parts of top end and bottom end.
Acceptance fee: $100